Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Are You Ready for Some 'Toy Story' TV Sequels?

Big Screen Animation is reporting that Pixar is working on two Toy Story television specials that will continue the story of Woody, Buzz and the gang. The specials will each run 22 minutes and will air on one of Disney's television properties. No word on which members of the voice cast will return yet.

I love the Toy Story films and most of Pixar's work (go away, Cars 2). Any new work from the studio is something I'll immediately mark on my pop culture calendar. The studio is has been too good for too long to doubt the moves they make. I'm really hoping that this summer's Brave will be a return to form and will wash the stink of Cars 2 and Larry the Cable Guy away.

That said, I'm approaching my excitement over two Toy Story TV specials with apprehension.

In my opinion, Toy Story 3 is one of the greatest animated films of all time (and it was arguably 2010's top film, period). We were led to believe that Toy Story 3 would be the final installment in the Toy Story saga, and it was the perfect ending. I've yet to find an animated film that affected people like Toy Story 3 did. A lot grown men cried during the facing-death scene and at the conclusion of the film (I didn't, but that doesn't mean I wasn't fighting back tears). I'm worried that TV specials, especially ones designed to fit in half-hour segments, will dilute the power that final Toy Story film had.

Like I said, though, I trust in Pixar. If they believe they can pull off these TV specials while upholding the greatness of the Toy Story trilogy, I'm going to put my faith in them.
Are You Ready for Some 'Toy Story' TV Sequels? Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 6/06/2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.