Top Ad unit 728 × 90

OH NO. 'The Office' Is Bringing Back Catherine Tate

TVLine is reporting that Catherine Tate will return to The Office for the show's ninth season. This means that we'll get a full year of Nellie Bertram, one of the most-hated characters on television right now.

When I laid out my ideas for The Office's ninth season and how the show could recapture the magic of its earlier seasons, "Bring Nellie Bertram back" was definitely not one of my ideas. I've yet to find one person who thinks that Tate's addition to The Office has benefited the show or who actually like the Nellie Bertram character. Between Bertram and James Spader's Robert California, Season 8 of The Office was filled with bizarre and completely unlikable characters. Spader has left the show, which was a good thing, but Tate should've signed off too.

This is the final season of The Office, right? It's time to put this one out of its misery, NBC. If only you had spent the past five years grooming and growing new comedies to eventually replace The Office instead of actively trying to kill Community and having no idea what to do with Parks and Recreation.
OH NO. 'The Office' Is Bringing Back Catherine Tate Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 6/02/2012 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/02/2012

    well, cathrine tate is the reason i'm even watching this show so stfu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine Tate may be the reason I stop watching The Office...boy I disliked her as Nellie Bertram. I enjoyed James Spader as Robert California in a few of the episodes, but thought the character was a waste of Spader's talent in most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @timetraveler, I completely agree with you. After no one liked Tate when the producers tried her out to replace Steve Carell the first time, you'd think they would've learned their lesson. Besides Anonymous above you, I haven't met anyone who wants Tate to stay on The Office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er...Catherine Tate is the best thing on The Office right now. In my opinion, she completely saved the show, I was shocked when I found out that Nellie is not loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @NickTvAddict: There seems to be a very small yet vocal group of Nellie supporters out there. I've just never liked here as a character. I don't really have any experience with Catherine Tate beyond The office, so Nellie is all I have to base my feelings toward the actress on.

    ReplyDelete

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.