Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Weekend Box Office Roundup (Sept. 7-9)


1. The Possession (1)
$9.32 million ($33.17 million)
Wow. This past weekend was one of the worst box office performances in recent history. I don't really even have much to say about this bunch of movies.

The Possession won the weekend with $9.32 million. That's awful. In baseball, a starting pitcher who doesn't make it through five innings isn't eligible for a win, even if he leaves the game with his team ahead. Let's make that a box office rule too. If you can't gross at least $10 million, you don't get to say you won the weekend.

2. Lawless (2)
$6.01 million ($25.53 million)
It makes me sad to see Lawless flop. Not quite sure why people didn't see this one. I caught everything but the last 15 minutes on Saturday, my viewing cut short by a power outage and tornado sighting that hit Alexandria. I really enjoyed what I saw.

3. The Expendables 2 (3)
$4.95 million ($75.62 million)
Like the careers of the actors in The Expendables 2, this franchise is dead.

4. The Words (N)
$4.75 million ($4.50 million)
The Words? Nope, only need one word for this movie: Flop.

5. ParaNorman (5)
$4.20 million ($45.45 million)
If I'm the guys in charge of Frankenweenie, I'm worried.

Next week's predictions:
1. Finding Nemo 3D
2. Resident Evil: Retribution
3. The Possession
4. Lawless
5. The Expendables 2

Weekend Box Office Roundup (Sept. 7-9) Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 9/10/2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.