Top Ad unit 728 × 90

TRAILER: Tom Hanks Stars as Walt Disney Trying to Mary Poppins Author in 'Saving Mr. Banks'

When I sat down to finally watch the first trailer for Saving Mr. Banks, I thought to myself, "I'm sure I'll like this trailer. How could I not? It's Tom Hanks playing Walt Disney as he tries to win the rights to turn Mary Poppins into a movie." Well, as the the trailer wrapped up, I realized that I was absolutely right to count Saving Mr. Banks as a serious Oscar contender. I loved what I saw.

Hanks as Disney is a move so simple, yet so brilliant. One of our generation's greatest entertainers playing one of history's greatest entertainers. From what this trailer shows, Hanks is incredibly endearing as Disney. "When does anyone get to go to Disneyland with Walt Disney himself?" Great line.

Emma Thompson plays PL Travers, the author of Mary Poppins, as the writer listens to Disney's pitch to turn her works into a movie. I'll probably have to watch the cinematic version of Mary Poppins again before seeing Saving Mr. Banks, since the trailer alone already started cueing up parts of the movie in my mind even though I haven't seen it in years. That said, I do base most of my knowledge of monetary policy and insured bank accounts on the Mary Poppins scene where the kids cause a run on the bank.

Saving Mr. Banks hits theaters on Dec. 13. In addition to Hanks and Thompson, the movie stars Colin Farrell, Paul Giamatti, Jason Schwartzman and BJ Novak. Head past the jump to check out the first trailer from Saving Mr. Banks.

TRAILER: Tom Hanks Stars as Walt Disney Trying to Mary Poppins Author in 'Saving Mr. Banks' Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 7/12/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.