Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Absolutely no one saw 'LOL,' Miley Cyrus' new movie


Odds are you didn't know this (because nobody knew this), but Miley Cyrus had a new movie come out last Friday. "Other movies were playing in theaters this weekend?" you ask me, as you Fandango another ticket to see The Avengers. Well, yes, theaters did play other movies, some of those theaters even playing LOL, Cyrus' movie.

Beyond what the trailer offers, I have no idea what this movie is about. (Hey, not even fake movie critics like myself have to see this kind of movie.) From what I gather Cyrus plays a girl who earns the nickname "Lol," which just happens to be the same thing as "LOL," the acronym for "laugh out loud" that's popular with the kids these days.* Demi Moore plays her mom, and there's a boy and some teenage drama. I dunno.

According to Yahoo! Movies, LOL made a whopping total of $46,500 its opening weekend. For comparison, The Avengers made $46,100 per theater. Yeah. Miley clearly didn't have a Hulk.

From the Yahoo! Movies article, here's some more bad news:
"My guess is Lionsgate had test screenings that were catastrophic," says box office analyst Len Klady of "LOL"'s weak weekend reception, adding that he wasn't aware of any conventional advertising going on. Indeed, the film did not have a premiere event and Cyrus did no interviews with major outlets for "LOL," indicating much-curtailed -- if non existent -- publicity. Moreover, the film was not screened for review, leading one journalist to say, "...for all we know, 'LOL' stands for lack of laughter. Proceed with caution."
I leave you with the trailer for LOL. I watched it, so you have to too. It's only fair.



*For the record, I have never once used "LOL" in a real conversation. I have too much self respect for myself and the institution of written language to do such a thing. Also, please, please, please stop writing "prolly."
Absolutely no one saw 'LOL,' Miley Cyrus' new movie Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 5/07/2012 Rating: 5
© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.