Top Ad unit 728 × 90

BOX OFFICE REPORT (APRIL 5-7): 'Evil Dead' Remake Terrorizes Weekend, Fans Re-Visit 'Jurassic Park' in 3D


I honestly don't have much to say about this past weekend's box office results. Thanks to a lull in the spring release schedule, the Evil Dead remake was able to take the weekend's No. 1 spot. As I've mentioned before, I don't go for horror movies, so I can't really help you if you're looking for some amazing insight on this movie.

While returning movies G.I. Joe: Retaliation and The Croods tied for No. 2 in the box office estimates, the 3D version of Jurassic Park managed to stomp up $18.25 million of business, not a bad number for a 3D re-release. Disney appears to have stopped issuing 3D versions of its classics, so what Jurassic Park did this past weekend is impressive.

1. Evil Dead (N)
$26.00 million ($26.00 million)
I instantly regretted having to do a Google search to pull a banner image for this movie. I have no idea why this kind of horror film appeals to anyone. You people are sick.

T2. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (1)
$21.10 million ($86.67 million)
I saw G.I. Joe: Retaliation this weekend, and I thought it was a fun and harmless movie. Definitely different from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. I'll be curious to see what the next sequel is like.

T2. The Croods (2)
$21.10 million ($125.80 million)
Please, movie gods, let Monsters University be amazing so we don't have to hear about The Croods being a threat to win the Oscar for Best Animated Feature.

4. Jurassic Park 3D (N)
$18.25 million ($18.25 million)
You know what's crazy? Twenty years ago, Jurassic Park opened to $48.5 million, setting a new opening weekend record at the box office. Last year, The Avengers opened to four times that amount. We'll probably see Iron Man 3 open to at least three times Jurassic Park's record in a month.

5. Olympus Has Fallen (4)
$10.04 million ($71.12 million)
Something has to be No. 5, right?

Next week's predictions:
1. 42
2. Evil Dead
3. G.I. Joe: Retaliation 
4. Scary Movie V
5. The Croods

SOURCE: Box Office Mojo
BOX OFFICE REPORT (APRIL 5-7): 'Evil Dead' Remake Terrorizes Weekend, Fans Re-Visit 'Jurassic Park' in 3D Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 4/08/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.