Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill Are Up to No Good in New 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Poster


I have a general belief that movies don't need to be three hours long. For me, part of the art is figuring out how to tell a story in a certain amount of time, which often means eliminating elements that aren't essential to to that mission.

Martin Scorsese's final cut of The Wolf of Wall Street is a minute shy of three hours long. That general belief I have about the length of movies doesn't apply in this situation. When it comes to a director like Scorsese, I'll trust that this is the film's right length. I've never wrapped up the first DVD of Gangs of New York and skipped the second disc. Yes, my copy of Gangs of New York is so old it needed to be released over two DVDs.

I can't wait to see The Wolf of Wall Street. I don't know if it'll finally be the moment Leonardo DiCaprio wins that elusive Best Actor Oscar, but I look forward to watching him try. Throw in Jonah Hill's continued transition to "serious actor," and there's no way I would miss this film.

On Monday, Buzzfeed debuted a new poster for The Wolf of Wall Street featuring DiCaprio and Hill yukking it up. I'm not sure why Hill's character needs to hold onto his shoe, but I'm sure it'll be a key plot point in the movie.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill Are Up to No Good in New 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Poster Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 12/02/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.