Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Green Ranger Jason David Frank Talks the New 'Power Rangers' Movie

When we first heard about the upcoming Power Rangers movie, one of the biggest questions was who would return from the original series. Topping fans' lists was Jason David Frank, the man who played Tommy over multiple iterations of Power Rangers. Frank has remained connected to the franchise, appearing at conventions as both the Green Ranger and the White Ranger.

Frank talked about the new Power Rangers movie with Comicbook.com, revealing that, yes, he was involved with the relaunch of the franchise.

"I probably will be involved," Frank told Comicbook.com. "They talked to me about it. I don't know how much I am involved, but for sure cameos at least in the reboot movie."

Frank hasn't been told much about the new Power Rangers movie yet, saying: "I haven't heard anything, except for what [Roberto Orci] released. They are so tight-lipped on that project, it's ridiculous. I don't even know my involvement into it. They talked to me about being involved, and the fans would love to see me involved."

As the new movie is going to maintain the years of Power Rangers continuity, Frank could definitely cameo as Tommy, either in a mentor or veteran Power Ranger role. According to Frank, there has been interest in doing a movie focusing on the Green Ranger for awhile now.

"You know, we were originally talking about a Green Ranger series," Frank said, "but unfortunately just due to the Lionsgate movie, they don't want to overshadow anything or suppress the appetite of the fans, which is a little disappointing, but there's still possibilities of it. It's just I think they are trying to save ... honestly, I think they are trying to save my appearance for the Lionsgate movie."

Power Rangers opens on July 22, 2016.
Green Ranger Jason David Frank Talks the New 'Power Rangers' Movie Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 9/25/2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.