Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Cecily Strong on 'Weekend Update' Replacement: 'I Don't See This As Me Leaving Update'


When Saturday Night Live returns at the end of the month, Cecily Strong won't be sitting at the Weekend Update desk anymore. We learned last week that Lorne Michaels had replaced Strong with Michael Che as Colin Jost's Update co-host.

Many SNL fans (this site included) expressed displeasure that Strong wouldn't be hosting Weekend Update anymore, believing that if anyone should have been pulled from the Update desk, it should have been Jost.

Strong released a statement about SNL and Weekend Update through her Instagram account, saying that she didn't see Michaels' move as her leaving Update, but instead it being a way for her to remain with the segment "in a looser, goofier way that is a lot more fun for me and in a way I think I'm better at."

I don't see this as me leaving update, just as me being on update in a looser, goofier way that is a lot more fun for me and in a way I think I'm better at. And now I get to do features with the very funny and wonderful Michael Che! No point in being angry or sad for me for something I'm genuinely happy about! Unless you are just a person who enjoys being angry or sad. Then I guess play on, playa. Also, I danced too hard last night so now I am wearing a hot pad on my neck. Be angry and sad for me about my dumbass neck.

Strong does have a point — now that she's not a Weekend Update co-anchor, she'll be able to play guests during the segment. Hopefully this means The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation with at a Party will make her triumphant return to Weekend Update.
Cecily Strong on 'Weekend Update' Replacement: 'I Don't See This As Me Leaving Update' Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 9/14/2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.