Top Ad unit 728 × 90

'The Bill Kuchman Chronicle' Is Now 'Popculturology'

I have some big news to share about The Bill Kuchman Chronicle: The Bill Kuchman Chronicle is no more. Well, it is ... but it isn't. Let me explain.

The Bill Kuchman Chronicle is now Popculturology.

The content, the updates, the coverage of pop culture, movies and television that you get from this website isn't going anywhere. In fact, I hope that it actually gets better.

When I first relaunched the site months ago, I was working from a website of mine that I had previously dubbed The Bill Kuchman Blog. Shortly after that, the site became The Bill Kuchman Chronicle, based on the idea that many websites these days are in blog form, so it's kind of demeaning to your site to call it a blog. It's more than just a blog.

As this site has grown over the past months, I've realized that there were a few issues with its name. While my megalomaniacal tendencies love the fact that my name has been in big letters at the top of this site, the name didn't really scream "this is a website devoted to pop culture." Another issue was the domain name. The site was The Bill Kuchman Chronicle, but you went to billkuchman.com to get there. Not exactly making things easy on people trying to find the site. I gave some thought to just making it BillKuchman.com, but then that made the pronunciation issue a problem. My last name is pronounced "Cook-man," making it likely that anyone who heard the site's name mentioned was typing billcookman.com into their Internet browsers.

The transition from The Bill Kuchman Chronicle to Popculturology is going to be a gradual one. For now, the site can still be found at billkuchman.com but popculturology.com will take you to a transition site. I don't want to confuse Google and lose the search engine progress the site has made so far. If Google can't find Popculturology, how will anyone ever find out whether or not Alyson Hannigan is in those Wendy's commercials? (Seriously, why are those posts so popular?) Eventually, popculturology.com will become the main domain name, but only after I've take the necessary steps to keep things in tact.

You'll still be able to follow me on Twitter at @billkuchman, but even I'll be retweeting @pop_culturology myself, so make sure you give the site's new and official Twitter account a follow. Popculturology is still going to be sharing pop culture news on Facebook, so make sure you give the site a like over there.

I've had a blast working on The Bill Kuchman Chronicle, and I'm looking forward to having even more fun with Popculturology. Thanks for following everything the site has done.


Bill Kuchman
Popculturology
Editor in chief
'The Bill Kuchman Chronicle' Is Now 'Popculturology' Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 11/25/2012 Rating: 5
© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.