Top Ad unit 728 × 90

A Seth Pohorence Pop-Ed: Summer Viewing: 'Rick and Morty'


My least favorite part about summer vacation (well, apart from my family having a totally lame above-ground pool) was summer reading lists. I was a great student and am a very good reader, yet I was totally against summer reading lists. Why waste perfectly great summer days and nights having to read such borefests as The House of Seven Gables or, worst yet, The Grapes of Wrath.

Why waste your summer reading books when you can enjoy a summer viewing list?  Now, for some people who have busy lives at night, like me, I see all my shows after the fact. Is The Goldbergs still a show? Well, let me impart to you a can't-miss comedy that I just binge-watched.

Now, it came as no surprise to me that NBC killed Community. The Peacock really just had it in for that non-Universal show. However, Dan Harmon, used his powers to aligne himself with a new project: Rick and Morty. Using Justin Roiland's premise based on his old The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti, the show is the perfect vehicle for the humor that made Community stand out.

Rick and Morty is full of wild exploits. Often, those exploits come through experiments initiated by alcoholic scientist Rick. He's always dragging along his grandson, Morty, who winds up being a fish out of water for the experiments. Morty's more of a fish out of water — he's in the midst of puberty. Insert some great references to classic movie premises, sprinkle in some acknowledgement of Arsenio Hall having a show 20 years ago, and you got a pretty funny show. That's even considering the fact that it's on Adult Swim. Now, if you don't want to watch it on Adult Swim, just use YouTube. My favorites.

You need to watch this show. I mean, they make fun of Inception. This show will make you think about what you want to reconsider owning a dog, especially if you give them the ability to think independently. This show also made me think about why your golf game sucks.

Simply put, you need to watch this show. If you don't watch this show and think it's funny, then you're too stupid. If you're too stupid, you might as well keep watching CBS comedies.
A Seth Pohorence Pop-Ed: Summer Viewing: 'Rick and Morty' Reviewed by Unknown on 6/18/2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.