Top Ad unit 728 × 90

The Beauty of Pixar

I posted this on my Facebook earlier tonight, but I thought it would also be appropriate here.



This is how you make movies. Not just animated movies but any movie. It kills me every time I hear someone talk about loving a Dreamworks animated movie ... or worse, compares one to a Pixar movie. These two are just about as different as two things can be. Dreamworks movies are full of topical references and fart jokes. Pixar movies are timeless. In twenty years, kids watching A Shark's Tale won't know who Will Smith is and definitely won't know why the fish in the movie is talking in hip hop slang. In twenty years, kids watching Toy Story or Finding Nemo – well, those kids will be captivated. And in twenty years, I'll still love these films.

EDIT: Oh, this reminds me – I want these:

The Beauty of Pixar Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 12/29/2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.