Top Ad unit 728 × 90

My Top Five Movies of 2011: A Year-Long Project

OK, so over the past two years, I've posted (and updated) my top five movies of the year. I'd like to try something new with the movies of 2011 though. I want to keep an ongoing list of my top five, continuously updated with each new movie that I see. There are very few rules to this. Movies are only eligible if I've seen them. And only movies with 2011 release dates are considered. For example, I saw The King's Speech in 2011, but it had a 2010 release date. Not eligible for this project.

The first installment of this is going to be pretty easy, as I've only seen six movies so far this year. I also highly doubt that any of these movies will end up on my final Top Five of 2011 list. Not many Oscar contenders yet. One final note: Movies have the potential to swap places in respect to other movies. As time passes, there's always the chance that my feelings toward a film may change.

1. Source Code. If you were paying attention to my 2009 list, you know that I think Duncan Jones (Moon) has a very promising career in front of him. In light of Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch flop, you'd have to think that Warner Bros. is regretting choosing Snyder over Jones for their Superman relaunch.

2. The Adjustment Bureau. The longer this film stays on the list, the better I become at typing the word "bureau."

3. Limitless. While The Hangover made Bradley Cooper a name, Limitless proved that he can carry a movie. Based on what we've seen from the Green Lantern so far, Cooper should be thankful they chose Ryan Reynolds over him for that role.

4. Sucker Punch. Look, I know that there was no plot to this movie. That doesn't mean it didn't look insanely cool – and I'm not talking about the girls (well, I am, but there was more than that). Plot may be secondary to Snyder, but if you want a movie to look damn cool, he's your guy. His cinematic style is just about unmatched.

5. No Strings Attached. Don't worry, an Ashton Kutcher movie will not stay long on my top five list.

Didn't make the cut: Green Hornet.
My Top Five Movies of 2011: A Year-Long Project Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 4/02/2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.