Top Ad unit 728 × 90

A trailer for the 'Looper' trailer, or how Joseph Gordon-Levitt became Bruce Willis



On Monday, Sony unrelieved the teaser for the trailer to Looper. The actual trailer will hit the Internet on ... well, Rian Johnson, the director, says three days ... and this was posted on Monday ... so ... Thursday? Math is hard. Let's say we get the actual trailer on Thursday. It'll be on iTunes Trailers. This whole "teaser for a trailer" thing fascinates me. Rise of the Planet of the Apes did it last year and Total Recall did it this year. I guess if people will watch, there's a market for them.

I was actually reading about Looper the other day. Instead of getting a paraphrased summary from me, here's Joseph Gordon-Levitt's explanation:
What would you do if you had to hunt down and kill your future self? My future self is played by Bruce Willis.
From what I understand, they've put some heavy makeup work into this project in order to make Gordon-Levitt look like Bruce Willis. It will be a bizarre summer if Gordon-Levitt plays characters that grow up to be both Bruce Willis and Batman. (That's not a Dark Knight Rises spoiler. That's completely my speculation.)

Anyways, I leave you with a shot of Gordon-Levitt in partially Bruce Willis mode after the jump.




A trailer for the 'Looper' trailer, or how Joseph Gordon-Levitt became Bruce Willis Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 4/09/2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.