Top Ad unit 728 × 90

'Hi, I'm Seth MacFarlane,' and I Have a Ton of Oscar Promos

Between his quips at Thursday morning's announcement ceremony and five new Oscar promos released later in the day, we're starting to get an idea of what kind of Academy Awards host Seth MacFarlane will be. So far, he seems to be walking the line between safe and edgy well, picking the right people to make fun of and the right moments to make those jokes. In fact it looks like MacFarlane's main target for humor is actually going to be MacFarlane himself. He can't get in trouble for hurting his own feelings, can he?

I'm optimistic about MacFarlane as an Oscar host. I'm so tired of watching Billy Crystal roll out his dated act year after year, and while the James Franco/Anne Hathaway experiment didn't work in 2011, the Academy needs to keep trying to find new blood for the gig. Crystal is not new blood.

Check out all five of MacFarlane's Oscar promos after the jump.









'Hi, I'm Seth MacFarlane,' and I Have a Ton of Oscar Promos Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 1/11/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.