Top Ad unit 728 × 90

'The Office' Star BJ Novak Talks Mysterious 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Role

There are a ton of characters in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. We know who most of the actors in the movie are playing, learning this week that Dane DeHaan would be the one becoming the Green Goblin. One of the roles we still don't know a lot about is who BJ Novak is playing. Months ago, director Marc Webb tweeted a photo of the former The Office star in character, but didn't reveal anything else.

In an interview with The Huffington Post, Novak was asked about The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but he didn't reveal much.

You're in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," but we really don't know who your character is. Is it a secret role?  
No. I'm in a couple of scenes. Yeah, I was never told whether or not I could say. I can say that I work at Oscorp. And I am someone from the comic books, someone from the original. So, yeah, I'm somebody. I wouldn't say I'm pivotal, but I'm not an extra, either.

From what we saw in the newly released trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, there's a lot going on in this movie, with several plotlines working to see up a Sinister Six story that we'll probably see in The Amazing Spider-Man 4. A popular guess is that Novak will be playing Alistair Smythe, son of the man who created the robotic Spider-Slayers. I even saw one outlet guess that maybe Novak was playing Otto Octavius, but I would imagine Sony would want a bigger name for Doc Ock.
'The Office' Star BJ Novak Talks Mysterious 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Role Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 12/06/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.