Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Someone needs to help me make this shirt

As a Yankee fan, I was obviously (yet only momentarily) hurt by Cliff Lee's rejection of New York. Maybe the guy just belongs in Philadelphia. Regardless, the Phillies now have a historically awesome rotation. Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels and Roy Oswalt? Geez ... thank you, baseball gods, for keeping the Yankees out of that division. Mets fans, you might just want to pretend the 2011 season got cancelled. Don't torture yourselves.

Phillies fans seem to have a knack for giving their pitching staff cute nicknames. Last year's acquisition of Oswalt gave birth to H20 (Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt). Phillies Nation quickly dubbed their new rotation R2-C2 (Roy, Roy, Cliff, Cole). My brother, being the devoted Phillies fan that he is, dropped me a Facebook post asking (demanding) that I create him a shirt since apparently all the R2-C2 shirts online suck.

So I whipped this guy up:

I posted it on Zazzle.com to give my brother and others a way to get the shirt for themselves. To my surprise, people started buying this shirt ... a lot. By this morning I already had earned over a hundred bucks in royalties. Sadly, things came to an end when Zazzle sent me an e-mail saying this shirt violated their copyright rules. OK, I can understand that. I get copyright law. But Zazzle needs to explain the crapload of other Star Wars and R2-D2 stuff that people are selling on their site.

I think I have a pretty good product here. Anyone out there have a way to get these shirts made and into the hands of Phillies fans? I'm a Yankee fan through and through, but I have no problem helping Phillies fans celebrate their latest coup.
Someone needs to help me make this shirt Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 12/16/2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.