Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Donald Glover post since I've had this article saved for days

Odds are if you've seen Donald Glover, you know him from NBC's Community. Glover plays Troy in the show, which happens to be one of the best comedies on TV. Seriously, if you're not watching it, I'm going to give you the same advice I give to people who aren't watching Justified: Throw out your TV. You're not using it properly.

Apparently his Community role isn't enough though. Glover also raps as Childish Gambino ... and he's pretty good. And creative. Lots of pop culture references, but not in a Lonely Island kind of way. He also created and starred in the movie Mystery Team, which he made with his comedy group, Derrick Comedy. Oh, and he got hired by Tina Fey to write for 30 Rock while he was still in college. I thought I was doing pretty good with my design internship my senior year – in comparison, not so good.

As the title of this post says, I've had this Village Voice article about Glover saved in a Safari tab for several days now with the intention of sharing it. So here I am sharing it. Definitely worth reading. I'm also going to take this chance to share a Derrick Comedy video that I found thanks to the Village Voice article.

Donald Glover post since I've had this article saved for days Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 4/26/2011 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. That skit was terrible, why did you post that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I hoped that nobody pooped they pants.

    ReplyDelete

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.