Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Woody Allen takes moviegoers to 'Rome'

The trailer for Woody Allen's next offering hit the Internet today. To Rome With Love brings together Allen, Alec Baldwin, Roberto Benigni, Penelope Cruz, Jesse Eisenberg and Ellen Page (in addition to a few other names) in the director's follow-up to Midnight in Paris.



Honestly, I'm going with "Meh" on this. I've never been a big Woody Allen fan. I like his stuff, but ... meh. Midnight in Paris was a nice film, but I really don't think it belonged in the Best Picture category at the Oscars. It had good acting and the writing was great, but to me, Midnight in Paris was just Night at the Museum for adults. Seriously. Famous people playing other famous people. You could've slipped Robin Williams playing Teddy Roosevelt into Midnight in Paris, and I probably wouldn't have noticed that he didn't belong in the film.

To Rome With Love looks like it has a great cast. Just because I'm not the biggest Woody Allen fan doesn't mean I won't make sure I see it though.
Woody Allen takes moviegoers to 'Rome' Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 4/03/2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.