Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan McGregor Open to Playing Force Ghosts or One-Armed Jedi in 'Star Wars' Sequels

While everyone has been trying to guess who will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, little attention has been paid to which actors (besides Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher) will show up in the new Star Wars sequel. If Prequel Trilogy actors Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan McGregor have their way, the Sequel Trilogy will give them a chance to return to the galaxy far, far away too.

In an interview with E! Online, Jackson geeked out over the idea of being in a new Star Wars movie.

"I'm not surprised but totally geeked by the idea of there being more Star Wars. It's like, okay, Obi-Wan was dead when episode four started, so maybe everyone thinks I'm dead and we'll find out what happened to Mace Windu. I can come back as one-armed or a one-handed Jedi that's still around that didn't actually die. ... I could do that or be a ghost hologram. I don't care. I just want to stay associated with the franchise. Not that I won't because I've been in three of them."

I don't doubt Jackson for a second when he says that he wants to be a part of Episode VII. This is the guy who was so excited about being in a Star Wars movie he convince George Lucas to let him have a purple lightsaber and only agreed to be in the Prequel Trilogy after being assured Mace Windu would have a meaningful death. Jackson is already in deep with Disney thanks to his key role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm sure the two parties wouldn't have trouble bringing Jackson back on board with Star Wars.

McGregor was quite as excited as Jackson at the idea of being in Episode VII, but in a Washington Post interview, the actor did recognize the fact that he's the owner of the Obi-Wan Kenobi character now.

"Yeah. Of course. I mean, if they needed me, I would be up for it. Of course. If Obi-Wan Kenobi's in them, it can't be Alec Guinness, sadly, anymore, so I would do it. I wouldn't want someone else to do it. But maybe he wouldn't be ... maybe he's not going to be in them; I don't know how that works. Maybe I'll be a hologram here or there. I don't know."

While I don't think Jackson and McGregor will be the Prequel Era guys to show up in the new Star Wars movies, don't be surprised to see Hayden Christensen or the Ahsoka Tano character have a role.
Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan McGregor Open to Playing Force Ghosts or One-Armed Jedi in 'Star Wars' Sequels Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 12/10/2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.