Top Ad unit 728 × 90

'I'm Gatsby': Leonardo DiCaprio and Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' Debuts Its First Two Commercials

I know there are people out there who aren't a fan of Baz Luhrmann's adaption of The Great Gatsby using modern-day songs, but I kind of love it. As someone who sits through the trailers in a theater at least once a week, witnessing Filter's cover of Happy Together absolutely shake the theater is one of my favorite trailer moments of 2013.*

Anyways, The Great Gatsby isn't about to stop using modern-day songs, at least not in its commercials. Warner Bros. debuted two new commercials this week, with one featuring Jack White's cover of Love Is Blindness and the other featuring Jay-Z and Kanye West's No Church in the Wild. Check them both out after the jump.





*Another favorite: The latest Iron Man 3 trailer. One of the recent commercials for the movie makes it sound like Marvel had Ben Kingsley redo his "You'll never see me coming" line, which just sucks. I love his delivery of that line in the most recent Iron Man 3 trailer.
'I'm Gatsby': Leonardo DiCaprio and Baz Luhrmann's 'The Great Gatsby' Debuts Its First Two Commercials Reviewed by Bill Kuchman on 3/27/2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Popculturology. All rights reserved.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.